In recent decades, media understanding of the term “creationism” has been narrowed to mean “young-earth” creationism -- with unfortunate consequences for the scientific credibility of Christianity and the Bible.
At GapTheory.net we subscribe to a contrary view as expressed by the professionally qualified members of the "Affiliation of Christian Geologists” in their statement regarding the age of the earth.
In particular, we believe that . . .
1) The scriptures allow, and the science suggests, that the earth is millions of years old.
2) The Genesis account of creation is scientifically accurate and literally true.
3) There may have been a prehistoric age prior to the present one, as postulated by the “gap theory” of creation -- populated by now-extinct organisms.
4) All organisms in this and any previous age were designed and created by God with the innate ability to mutate, vary and adapt to their environment as they reproduce “after their kind”.
5) There is a spirit, a non-physical component, in man and animals that possess consciousness, intellect intuition and instinct -- matters evolution cannot begin to explain.